Monday, October 21, 2013

 
Welcome to my first blog posting! I am delighted to report that my book, How Dare You Manage? is now complete and will be officially launched on November 5, 2013 in Toronto. You can now find it available on Amazon (search for my name as author, or under the above title).

From time to time, I will be posting entries here, exploring the ways corporate culture expresses itself regarding managerial leadership.

It had become evident to me in the last few years that a definite CEO skill gap exists, which is why I wrote my book. Business does not teach managers how to become a CEO; most new CEOs figure it out on their own... while some never do. Those who become successful are humble enough to realize at the beginning of their tenure what they lack and then commit to learning how to overcome the skill gap. I have been privileged over my 25+ year career as a management consultant to work with some amazingly dedicated executives and it is to them I dedicate my first posting.

Nick Forrest